ENGR. DR. (MRS.) ISHIDI YOHANNA EDITH FNSE (NEE OGBOSO) Ag. Director, Polymer and Environmental Technology, Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology, P.M.B 1034. Zaria. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 08034518844
Engr. Dr. Mrs. Ishidi Yohanna Edith FNSE was born in Enugu, Enugu State and brought up in Aba, Abia State. She attended Akoli Road Primary School Aba in the then Imo State. After her primary education, she got admission to Girls High School Ogbor-hill Aba, where she obtained her West African School Certificate. In 1992, she gained admission into the Federal University of Technology, Owerri Imo State, to study Polymer Engineering which she completed in1997. She went back to the same University in 2002 for a postgraduate programme in Polymer Engineering and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, for Ph.D and completed in December, 2010.
WORKING EXPERIENCE AND POSITIONS HELD
Engr. Dr. (Mrs.) Ishidi, Y. E. FNSE started her career in the then Federal College of Chemical and Leather Technology, (CHELTECH) Samaru, Zaria, Kaduna State which later changed to the Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology (NILEST) in 2011.
Summary of her record:
- Ag. Director, Polymer and Environmental Technology. 2014 - 2015.
- Head of Department, Polymer Technology. - From 2009 – April 2014
- NILEST Management Committee – 2009 - 2015
- Chairman, NILEST Projects Implementation and Monitoring Committee – 2012 /2013
- Chairman, NILEST Technologically Based Projects Commissioning Committee – 2013
- Member, NILEST Projects Planning and Procurement Committee/ Tender Board – 2012 - 2015
- Member, NILEST Exhibition Committee - from 2009 – April, 2014.
- Workshop Facilitator/Resource Person for an In – House Capacity Building Workshop on Entrepreneurship – 2009
- Member, Committee on Collaboration Project on the Development of Zazzau Leather Cluster through Public Private Partnership – 2012.
- Member, NILEST Project Implementation and Monitoring Committee 2009– 2012.
- Examination Officer, School of Chemical Technology – 2008.
- Project coordinator, School of Chemical Technology-2007 to 2008.
- Member Staff Welfare Committee 2000.
STATEMENT OF EXPERIENCE
Her experience as a lecturer, researcher and an administrator is evident in her list of publications both National and International as well as the numerous students projects supervised over the years. Her exposure and experience as HOD and later Ag. Director has also helped her acquired the required leadership competences that has enabled her excelled in the various responsibilities given to her at various times. This is evidenced by the written commendation from the management in 2013 and the award by ambassador of moral and ethics in civil service in 2015.
SERVICE TO NSE
As a registered Engineer with COREN and NSE, she was privileged to serve the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) in the following capacities:
- National Exco Member, 2015.
- Vice Chairman Professional Development Board, 2015.
- Chairman Examination Committee, 2015.
- Alt. Chairman, NSE Professional Examination Committee, 2014.
- Chairman, NSE Professional Examination Committee, 2013.
- Member, Professional Development Board of NSE, 2013 and 2014.
Member, Membership Services Board, 2013 and 2014.
- Member, Appointment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee of NSE,2013.
- Member of Category C1 Interview Panel, Abuja Center, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
- Chairman NSE Zaria branch – 2012 and 2013.
- Vice Chairman NSE Zaria branch – 2010 and 2011.
- Member, NSE Zaria Branch Electoral Committee, 2006 and 2008.
- Member NSE Zaria branch Technical Committee. 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Member, Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria [COREN].
- Member, American Chemical Society, (ACS).
- Member, Society of Plastic Engineers. UK.
- Member, Society of Leather Chemists and Technologists, UK.
- Member, Association of Professional Women in Engineering in Nigeria (APWEN).
- Member, Polymer Institute of Nigeria (PIN).
- Member, Material Society of Nigeria (MSN).
Engr.Dr.(Mrs) Ishidi Yohanna Edith FNSE has represented the FMST and the country in Bi-National discussions both within and outside Nigeria on Science and Technology matters. She is happily married to Mr. Yohanna Ishidi, the Director of Administration of Sheda Science and Technology Complex, Abuja. The Marriage is blessed with three pretty girls.